WordPress Assistant / Junior Web Developer
The WordPress Assistant / Junior Web Developer provides general administrative WordPress support to Captain Coder, LLC. This role includes tasks directed by Captain Coder, LLC in aid of developing new websites and updating existing customer websites. This is a contract, freelance position and can be performed anywhere in the U.S.
Ideally, this role will grow into a full-time remote position.
Captain Coder, LLC builds most of their websites using custom-created WordPress themes, so some PHP knowledge is a bonus.
Overall, this role is responsible for:
- Performing WordPress security maintenance
- Carrying out content updates and edits as assigned
- Assisting with full WordPress website builds as directed
- Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Comfortable with WordPress and updating plugins and WordPress core
- Able to communicate effectively
- Willing to learn on the job
- Basic knowledge of PHP or want to learn PHP
- Basic understanding of WordPress themes or want to learn
- Understanding of Advanced Custom Fields
- You want to grow as a coder